General Contest Rules for Walnut Radio, LLC:
KFMT, KHUB – Fremont, NE; KBLR – Blair, NE; KOMJ – Omaha, NE
These are the rules governing all contests aired on KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ and on any website associated with any of those stations. In the following rules, ” KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ” means Walnut Radio, LLC which owns KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ contest.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- Some KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ during said contest. Only one winner per month per household is permitted per contest. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ awarding the prize to the winner. KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ that will be presented to KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at one of the KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ studios. These studios are located at: KHUB/KFMT – 1746 E 23rd Avenue North, Fremont, NE 68025; KBLR – 1015 S Hwy 30, Blair, NE 68008; and KOMJ – 3157 Farnam St, Omaha, NE 68105 (unless otherwise noted), 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
- Employees of KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ and Walnut Radio, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a twenty mile radius of the individual KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ main studios are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ and Walnut Radio, LLC, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ and Walnut Radio, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time.
- The contest judge’s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (402) 727-5555 for KHUB/KFMT in Fremont, (402) 426-5257 for KBLR in Blair, and (402) 553-1490 for KOMJ in Omaha. The person operating the telephone at the individual station locations has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the KHUB/KFMT/KBLR/KOMJ studios. These studios are located at: KHUB/KFMT – 1746 E 23rd Avenue North, Fremont, NE 68025; KBLR – 1015 S Hwy 30, Blair, NE 68008; and KOMJ – 3157 Farnam St, Omaha, NE 68105