Position: General Manager / Station Manager for Bluffs Country!
Walnut Media is looking for a dynamic, creative and strategic General Manager/Station Manager with management experience to manage and coordinate activities of our new country station in Council Bluffs, IA. This position is responsible for the overall operation, sales, promotions and marketing functions with an eye to ensuring station profitability and compliance with applicable FCC regulations. Prepare operational budget and monitor expenses for the radio station. Candidates for this position must have a demonstrated understanding of people skills, a successful track record of sales, leadership and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage personnel engaged in departments such as sales, promotions, local on-air programming, and Administration.
- Participate in operational planning process for station.
- Creates sales packages and event sponsorships for Account Executives to promote.
- Sets sales goals for Account Executives.
- Observes activities to ensure compliance with local, county, state and federal government regulations (FCC).
- Discusses plans with Account Executives to promote advertising opportunities with local direct and local agencies.
- Discusses promotional plans with local Air-Talents and Promotional staff to maximize station exposure.
- Ensures station has a community presence and engages in community events.
- Completes and adheres to budget.
- Confers with company senior management to discuss station policy and administrative procedures.
Skills & Responsibilities
- BS Degree or equivalent and five years experience in radio broadcasting and two years experience in Sales Management
Salary – base salary depending on experience plus commission/Bonus, basic health care, 401K and expense allowance.
Location Details- 600 S. 4th, Council Bluffs, IA
Walnut Media is an equal-opportunity employer